Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday Ella!!!

WOW -- today my baby turned 2. It is exciting yet emotional all at the same time. My little princess is no longer a baby. Tomorrow we are going to celebrate her birthday with the family. Even Nanny and Pop (Blake's parents) and Isaac are going to be here. What a treat for my little girl and us. As I reflect on how much Ella means to me I can only laugh at all her fun, cute, sweat, precious, and yes even sly things about her. She is so full of life, energy, and love. One thing that pops into my head is how one day a few weeks ago Blake looked at her with so much love and just started to giggle with a smile on his face. I ask him what he was thinking and this was his response - "I love that girl - she is really going to be someone some day - you just watch and see." It amazes me how much we can love our children and then to think of our God looking down at us with the same loving, fatherly response that Blake made. God has given us such a wonderful, amazing, hard task of raising up his children. They are a gift God has given us, a responsibility He has trusted us with. I pray that God uses me to bring up my children in the ways of the Lord. For you just watch and see "they will be someone some day".

This picture is of the birthday girl today. Happy 2nd birthday baby.
Here is Ella showing of her new dance moves.
This is Ella at 1 year.

Ella just a few hours old. And I must say she is awful beautiful for being just a few hours old. Oh course I am partial but....

8 comments:

Jennifer Andrews-Schafer said...

Happy Birthday little Ella! You'll still be my beautiful baby niece even though you're getting to be such a big girl!! Uncle Steve & I miss you and love you! Hugs & kisses to that handsome brother of yours too :)

Janel said...

Happy Birthday Ella! I love you too! I love it that Blake and you love her so much! She deserves all the love in the world. It is neat that God looks down on us too and says we are great and that he is making us someone special!

The Liller Family said...

Happy Birthday Ella! My little Blake says Happy "Birday" too! They grow up so fast, don't they? I wish we could keep them little longer. Happy New Year!!!

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday, Ella! I can't believe what a big girl you are! You are so precious and sweet. I hope you enjoy your party today! We love you!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday, Ella. Wow, I can't believe that you are two. You are such an adorable little girl!

houseofeling said...

I can't believe how big she is either. Guess you need a new little one....right?

Happy Birthday Ella!!!

Shannon said...

By the way, I sent a long sentimental message that of course got lost, so I am so excited Ella is two, because that means Sophie will be too! Love sharing in this life with you guys and think Ella is SO SPECIAL!!!!!!!! And that you guys are wonderful parents!! Love, Shan

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Ella. You are such a big girl so sweet. I cannot wait for you to teach Nadia everything you know with those moves.