Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Ethan Plant

My sister gave me this little plant the day Ethan was born. For those of you that know me -- I have - well I guess - a black thumb. Everything I plant dies but.... I have tried very hard to take care of the Ethan plant and much to my surprise it has now lived in my hands for 4 years. When Ethan turned 2 it was very very close to being completely dead but it was a good plant and gave me a second chance to keep it alive. It has made great strides this year as you can see in the picture I took of it last year and now this year. I I keep this plant alive just think how big it will be when Ethan turns 10.

The Ethan Plant at 3 years old.The Ethan Plant today at 4 years old.

2 comments:

Jennifer Andrews-Schafer said...

It's so amazing how quickly time goes by.  Your little boy is 4 today and your Ethan-plant is growing out of control! But good for you nourishing it, just as you nuture and love your little boy who is also very quickly growing up! We love you ethan more than you know right now, and are so happy you've brough us 4 years of happiness & enjoyment watching you grow! Happy Birthday & we can't wait to see pictures of the big boy birthday party!

Janel said...

How fun is that! It is so big now! I am proud of you and your green thumb!