Saturday, March 15, 2008

Irresponsibility



Last week at about 9:30pm we heard what we thought was a gun shot -- to our surprise there was an accident right in front of our house. The accident involved one car, one person, our yard, four trees, one for sale sign, and a few police men and fire men along with their cars and trucks. So the irresponsibility of one extremely drunk man caused this - although we all know it could have been much worse - thankfully no other person or car was involved in the accident. I have absolutely no tolerance for drunk driving. I know our world is full of irresponsibility which makes me realize how much of a responsibility I really do have in the lives of my two children. I was watching the news the other day and saw that 1 in 4 teen girls have a STD and 2% of 5th grade girls have one as well. WOW -- that is all I can say - it brought me to tears. So now my challenge is to figure out where God wants me to fit into this picture. I have a social work degree and would love to use it in a volunteer position. There are many organizations that help educate children. So my search begins. Hopefully in the next few months I will have decided where God wants me and where He can utilize me best. God has given us His Children for a short time and we need to do all we can to glorify God in what we teach them.

No comments: