Friday, May 9, 2008

Best Mother's Day Gift to Date

Yesterday Ethan's preschool put on a little Mother's Day performance for us mothers. It was adorable. Of course I loved it because it was Ethan's first performance ever. They sang about 5 or 6 songs and were oh so cute. They walked in and out in a single file line holding this cute little bag holding their "props". One of the songs they wore these silly glasses that kept me laughing the whole time. I video taped the whole thing and when we watched it back Ethan commented that he did not like people laughing -- poor little guy -- he thought we were laughing at him instead of with him. They also did a bell choir song -- I think Ethan liked this one the best. They all had different colored bells and when prompted they rang their bell. Ethan's was red. After the performance they took us back to their class rooms where they had set up a little tea party for us. It was adorable. They served us lemonade, cookies, and fruit. And we had an array of wonderful had made gifts: A corsage, a butterfly card with his picture on it, a magnet made out of clay that said mom and was hand painted, and some other little thing that I really don't know what it was. Ethan was so proud of himself for all the hard work. He was all smiles the whole time. What a great gift -- I know the teachers really put a lot of effort into making this a special memory for all of us moms. I wish I would have gotten some pictures of the tea party but my battery on my camera died - so sad.

3 comments:

The Liller Family said...

That is so PRECIOUS! Don't you just love those programs when they're little?!?! Such great memories!

Janel said...

How adorably cute! What great memories were made!

Samantha said...

Yea! I'm glad you're back to your blog . . . at least until you leave for your fabulous trip! What a fun program at Ethan's school. He's such a sweet boy! I love the pics of the kids in their Naples shirts too.