Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sleeping Beauty


I love going in to check on the kids after they go to bed at night. There is something so sweet about them when they sleep - it is as if all the imperfections go away and they start with a brand new clean slate. Now to the story behind this.
I went in to check on Ella and she had her feet on her pillow and her head toward the bottom of the bed -- When I picked her up and put her head back on her pillow she yelled real loud "I love you mommy!!" It was so precious because she did not even open her eyes - she just knew it was me taking care of her. I love it when the kids just out of the clear blue, with no ulterior motive tell me they love me. I guess that is probably how God is with us. When I came out of Ella's room Blake was in the living room and ask what she said because he could hear her all the way out there. So of course I had to go back in there to take a picture and document the event.

5 comments:

Janel said...

Ah, how sweet! They are precious when they sleep, (and when they don't:)). I wish Ethan and Ella were coming to Boise to visit with you! Oh, well...I know I will see them soon...let's do webcam and Mom and Dad's! They did it last night with us and it was so fun!

houseofeling said...

oh how cute! And love her new hairdo! Finally right?

The Liller Family said...

So Blake is sitting on my lap as I type this and he says "I 'member her, let's go to his house". I tell him that Ella is a SHE and he says "okay, let's go to his house again". So, guess we'll have to schedule a playdate again soon, maybe at our house this time? I know we're long overdue!!!

Sweet post too by the way!!!

Jenni said...

that's the cutest story!

Erin and Josh said...

what a cute, sweet story...thanks so much for sharing!