Monday, February 4, 2008

Make a Craft Monday - Soap Crayons


Here is an easy thing for you to make for your kids - my kids are a little young to help but they enjoyed the outcome. All kids love drawing and coloring - so why not make them clean at the same time.
Mix about 1/2 cup of soap flakes ( you can etheither buy soap flakes or grate your own). Of course I suggest one from a natural food store or Melaleuca. Ok so mix that with 1-2 Tablespoons of very HOT water. Stir well. Divide into bowls and miz with food coloring. Place in mold (I used ice cube trays). Let dry until very hard. This could take as long as a week, depending on the humidity. Let you child draw on your bathtub wall - while getting clean all at the same time.
I have decided to turn Make a craft Monday into -- Make a craft or snack Monday. I have some good kid friendly healthy recipies that I would like to share and some that I want to try so stay posted for my successful meals.

3 comments:

houseofeling said...

I love your monday post! I just blogged about you so check my latest post out.

You could always be super ambitious and do "make a craft Monday" and "tasty Tuesday"...but then you would have to follow that up with "wordless Wednesday" and "throwback Thursday", then you would have no energy for fix-it Friday! HA!

Did I mention I will be trying these soap crayons out as soon as I pick up some molds? Great idea!

Janel said...

fun, fun! I want to do that one soon, now that Faith is ok with baths now:)

Anonymous said...

Cool craft! Can I link to this on the MOPS blog? :-) (Always looking for ideas!)