Tuesday, February 5, 2008

When it rains it pours...

When it rains it pours... but God sees us thru. Yesterday was a very trying day for my family. A day of constant prayer and worries. Yesterday morning I got the news that my dad was admitted to the ER on Sunday night due to sever abdomen pain. After some tests they determined that his gallbladder was infected and diseased, his colon was not working, he had a blood clot in his leg, and the worst news was that the atrium of his heart was not pumping.

Now to top everything off Blake was home sick with the flu, Ethan came down with the flu and I was anxiously awaiting the results of an MRI I had last week. Yesterday became a day of constant prayer. Knowing that God can do anything I was praying for a miracle. I was reading in Matthew 17 - the disciples were trying to heal a man but could not so they came to Jesus to ask why - Jesus relied "because you have so little Faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move." So with faith many of us were praying for my dad. As the day progressed we found out that his colon was fine, there is a small blood clot in his lung (they gave him blood thinner to help with that, his gall bladder is not diseased, and then to top all the good news off my dad's heart started beating again on its own. WOW God heals today - there is no doubt about that.

Blake is back at work today and Ethan is doing ok, but still pretty run down and lethargic. My MRI results came back and I am going to be referred to an endocrinologist for further tests but it is believed that things are ok. So yes it rained and poured yesterday but today there is a rainbow and a promise that God never gives us more than we can handle. Plus my sister had her first ultrasound and saw the face of her precious one. To hear about that go here later today. I hope this story of God's glory brings happiness to your day - He is so amazing!!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

wow christina, what a DAY. It's amazing how God sees us through difficult situation and grows us in the process. I will continue to pray for your dad, you, and the rest of the family's health. Hang in there. Love you girl.

Janel said...

Praise, Jesus!

The Liller Family said...

I'm still so praying for you all!!! Glad to hear it's going better though - see ya next week, email me what day works best for you, k? Love ya!!!

Shannon said...

I am praying for you guys. You do have that kind of faith Christina and God showed you great things from it. Is your Dad is Florida? Keep us up on your test too. You are loved!!!